When you feel overwhelmed, when you begin to feel hopeless, when you lose heart, cry out to the Lord. He is your Rock, your Strong Tower, your Safe Refuge from the storm. The God you serve is a mighty God. He will protect you and He will keep you safe and deliver you!
Always remember God’s great love for you. Remind yourself of His loving faithfulness and of all the times He has come through for you. Count your blessings and refuse to waver in your faith and trust in Him.
Psalm 34:19 says, Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
It helps to be so grounded in God’s Word that when you face these tests, trials, afflictions, storms, and outright assaults from the enemy, you will not waver, be swayed or shaken.
- Psalm 91:2 (KJV) I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
- Isaiah 54:17 (NKJ) No weapon formed against you shall prosper…
- Luke 10:19-20 (NKJ) Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
- 1 John 4:4 (KJV) Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- 1 Corinthians 15:57-58 (NIV) But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you.